Darwen Skip Hire
Tel: 01254 702 748 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Frank Barnes Group provides a Skip Hire service from its licensed waste transfer operation. Frank Barnes deliver skips throughout the Blackburn, Darwen, Bolton, Preston and Manchester areas.
Frank Barnes offers a full range of over 400 Skips For Hire & roll on/off containers etc, sizes range from 8 cu yard builder skips to 52 cu yard giant roll-on /off containers for light industrial waste, also compactors & site safes.
For householders correct positioning is the key. A skip needs to allow for a 9ft entrance and is up to 12ft long. Most drives are suitable but thought should be taken about the quality of the surface. Lorries can be heavy! Tell us what you have. Also you may have exposed drain covers, low branches, or a restricted access perhaps?
If you do not possess a drive or cannot get it on your existing one you might need to consider the road. A permit is required for a skip on a public highway and takes three working days to obtain.
Do remember that you need to create space on the road. Verges are usually not permitted. If you know you will need another skip exchange or would like to make certain of a collection date, please give us at least 24 hours notice or tell us when ordering.
We pride ourselves on an excellent service when we have all the facts!
- As a general guide, aggregates convert to a tonne a cubic yd
- If the skip is likely to be heavy with soil or hardcore the maximum size is 8 Cubic Yds.
- We do offer much larger containers to commerce
- We are concerned that you get that job done. Under estimating your skip size can be more expensive and frustrating. Always allow enough space.
- Waste type is important for a variety of reasons when ordering. Please remember that legislation does not allow us to carry asbestos, oils, paint, or car batteries unless we know ahead.
- Demand for skips is always higher at weekends and holidays so make plans well ahead.
Same day or next day delivery for skip hire – to be discussed when you make your initial booking.
How much notice is required?
Aim to book your skip at least two days before you need it, this will ensure availability.
Where do you leave the skip?
The skip will be placed in a safe place on the road side next to your property,
causing as little obstruction as possible. 8 cubic meters is the largest skip allowed to be placed on a public highway. Should you require a larger skip than 8 cubic meters please ensure that you have sufficient space on your property.
As part of the Frank Barnes Group we are also able to offer hiab hire and hiab Vehicles, crane hire and rental, waste disposal, general and heavy haulage, machine removal, installation and dismantling. By offering a range of services Frank Barnes can offer you a one stop solution for all of your needs.
Please feel free to call Tel: 01254 702 748 or
Email to discuss your Skip Hire needs and to receive an accurate quotation.
We look forward to working with you!